Saturday 17 May 2014

Correcting misconceptions about my view on Replacement Theology

I recently came underfire on Paltalk about replacement theology and my denial of that doctrine and had at a few stages been misrepresented in the room, so let me clear the air with a few things.

1. I was accused of holding to dual covenant theology, which is a lie. Dual Covenant theology teaches that a Jew is saved by the OT and a Christian is saved by the NT and that Jews don't need Jesus. That belief I certainly do NOT hold to. On many occasions and in my writings I have stated time and again the Jews NEED the Gospel to be saved.

2. I was accused of advocating that we should become Jewish and adhere to kashrut (kosher), which is also another lie. In fact I have even written an article on this topic: http://answering-judaism.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/observance-of-torah-demanded-of-gentiles.html. Throughout the article I have made very clear that you shouldn't force Gentiles to adhere to these restrictions. If you want to observe them that's fine, but don't be a Judaizer.

3. I do not consider Messianic Judaism as an abomination as a whole. There are aberrant sects within Messianic Judaism, such as Anti-Trinitarians, Judaisers, Pelagian and Semi-Pelagians and Anti-Paul Theologians which are an abomination and there are solid Messianics such as Jacob Prasch and Arnold Fruchtenbaum. I would encourage individuals to watch Prasch's videos called "The New Galatians" which I think will be a great help. 

4. There is a problem with some Messianics who are reluctant to be called Christians. This shouldn't be, The term Christian just simply refers to being a follower of Christ and Messianics shouldn't hesitate being called Christians in light of what is said in 1 Peter 4:16:
"16 However, if you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but praise God that you bear that name."

Hopefully I have cleared up these misconceptions.

Answering Judaism.

No comments:

Post a Comment